Sunday, February 12, 2017

got me all a-glow



another tingly memory from my secret life as jazz-funk (semi-)fan

such a sweet melody, such a cool clear vocal -  a rapt stillness of longing

love the song's strange mood of wistful desire - suffused with anticipatory poignancy - as if staying inside that sweet ache forever might be better even than arriving at the destination

adding charm, the slightly clunk lyric - "like it very much", "just you and me my dear", "got me all a-glow"

the ordinariness of young English love

like Ingrid Mansfield Allman's image too - inventing Janelle Monae a couple of decades ahead of schedule

the official video (with boosted audio), a real lo-budget murky  affair -



(how this same combo could then produce the abomination that is "I.O.U." is a mystery for all time(

oh dear, they were a proper jazz fusion band at heart



 Ingrid-less tunes like this are why i wasn't a jazz-funk fan






No comments: